Friday, June 5, 2009

Simple Baby Tricks

Hey Mom, look what I can do! Carter is smarter and stronger by the day. He's been holding his head up off of the playmat for long periods during his tummy time, but on Monday Carter discovered that his head is such a large percentage of his body weight that he could perform a new trick just by turning it to the side.

We've had a pretty ho-hum week here at the Tabony household. Got a brand new stack of books at the library along with a gift book from friends of the family, so we're reading to Carter every chance we get.

Cierra's been working more this week to make up for our vacation next week, so I've had more time with Carter... and on Wednesday we had our first outing together, to a baby massage class that Cierra's been taking for the past couple of weeks. Carter likes his massages. He smiled up at me the whole time and when he peed, he just got his pillow wet and missed me completely.

Of course, I can't be too sure that was intentional. Just this morning during a changing, he let loose with the ol' firehose and hit himself square in the face. There was an initial moment of shock for the both of us... I reached in to block the stream with my hand and grabbed for a towel to wipe off his poor face and there he was, smiling back up at me with pee all over his face. You can't help but laugh at moments like this....

1 comment: