Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ha! I hadn't seen this picture yet, but it looks like Arden and Carter have joined a dance troupe. Well, that's close enough to true, as we are attending Music Together class every Monday, where we bang on instruments and flail about to the music.



Here's a kiss, Arden. Carter is such a loving big brother.

Arden's sliding across the floor ever faster, now able to push up off the floor and get her hands on the sides of the furniture and low toy bins. She also enjoys eating books. So there's no turning your head even for a second!

Arden gets the back carry a lot more than Carter ever did. I was always afraid that I would drop Carter. I guess your confidence with the second one is just naturally higher. Or I'm more foolhardy with age. Anyway, I think she likes it back there!


We went to Charlotte's Nature Museum for a family outing today. One of Carter's favorite places there is the butterfly room... a greenhouse area where there are always tons (ok, not literally) of butterflies flitting about. Cierra snapped a picture of one of the prettiest. Though you can't really tell in this picture, this one had extra long wings and just seemed so graceful as it glided about without flapping them a whole lot.


Arden took her first ride in a swing this week! Unlike Carter, who panicked and demanded to be put down the first few times he got in one, she loved it!




But when your everyday routine is getting tossed in the air just for kicks, I guess a swing really isn't going to move the needle that much.

This sling always makes me smile because it looks like Arden is growing straight out of Cierra's chest. Plus, it makes me smile because it makes her smile. And her smile is now even more fun because she has two little teeth right at the front and bottom. We first spied them a few days ago, and it's been fun running my fingers over them every once in a while. That is, until today, when she bit me!


Well, we're headed up to IN in a couple of days, so we'll write again next week with a bunch of pictures of family and fun. Until then!


No comments:

Post a Comment