Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beach Week

Okay, so it's been a while since we've written, but give us a break... we've been on vacation! It was Carter's second trip to Chincoteague Island, VA a beautiful strip of sand on the edge of the Delmarva Peninsula. We get together with my mom's family for a week of fun and singing each year.
Carter retreats from the scary ocean, way up sand mountain.
He might not be saying much yet, but his penmanship is excellent.
Next to me is my youngest brother Sawyer, then the other two are Freeman and his fiancee Kate who are planning to marry this fall. We got to meet her for the first time this trip! Freeman got super lucky... she is going to be a great addition to the family.
The bike we rented had a Carter chariot attached. "Onward, driver! My banana yogurt awaits!"
Beach hug for daddy!
This is too much fun!

Carter was afraid of the ocean the first day, but on the second would sit and let the water wash up on him a little. He also let me take him out in my arms. The third day he wanted to crawl out into it and we had to hold him back.

Take me out there! I want to ride a porpoise!
Carter practiced his walking on a nature path. He took his first few consecutive steps this week, but still doesn't seem to be in any hurry to start walking regularly.
The Tabony Brothers Trio giving a rare concert. There's always singing at a Hunter Family Reunion but it's rare to see me up on stage.

Well that's it for the pictures. We're super busy around here now that we're back. Not helping things... the transmission in the Mazda is acting shifty (ha!) so we're looking for a good used minivan. Hopefully the car will hold together till we find one. Talk to you next week (I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment