Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Fun in Charlotte

Howdy from Charlotte once again. It is so hot down here right now, it's hard to go outside at all during the daylight hours. Starting with this blog post, you may notice a slight improvement in the picture quality... my birthday present from my Mom was a digital SLR camera that puts our other one to shame. These first 3 shots were snapped as I was playing with it one evening.
Carter loves it when Mama gets home early enough to play in the evening. Here he is getting ready to be flipped over in a somersault. Carter, are you EXCITED?

Looks like that's a YES!

Yet another party with all of Carter's friends over... he throws the best parties! Now if only he could stop worrying about that stain on the floor and enjoy himself.

The garden and farmer's market are still big parts of our lives... and this week when our helpers Gretchen and Nick came by, we checked out the fruit trees and found ripe apples and peaches!
Yummy! Our white peaches are especially delicious... and plentiful. If our pears end up tasting good this year, we'll really be doing well. Both our trees are loaded down!
Carter has a great kid to look up to in Campbell, Gretchen's oldest.
For my 31st birthday this Sunday, Cierra got me this great shirt from the Apple Store. It's unbelievable, a revolutionary shirt. You can even use it to watch movies! Well, by that I mean you can wear it to the movie theater, which I did when we went to see Inception. It's not often that I pay full price to see a movie, and it's very rare for me to feel like I got my money's worth and then some. Overall, a great birthday!
Carter's first word has arrived! He now says "Uh-oh", which was our word to cue him that he's doing something wrong. We may have to find a new phrase, because now he walks around the house throwing his ball and saying "Uh-oh". It's so cute that we have to laugh and say it back to him, which isn't exactly how you want the "trouble phrase" to be reinforced.

Ok, I know we've been lazy about these posts. We'll try to get another one up next Thursday. Until then, stay cool people, stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment