Sunday, September 5, 2010

Carter wants a cracker!

We've got a little parrot on our hands these days! Say a word to Carter and he will attempt to say it back to you. Mostly he just smiles and thinks about it and then makes a gurgling sound. But he seems to love it, and after enough tries, he can get pretty close. "T" sounds, among others, don't really come out so well. So he says "bubble" when he means "bottle". I was up in the middle of the night about to feed him and wondering why he was talking about bubbles!


Carter and Adelaide got a chance to play last week while her parents were seeing a movie. Talk about a good person to learn vocab from! While we were reading her our "Baby Bear" book, she pointed at the mountain goat, and said "mountain goat" just as clear as day. Not just goat, mountain goat. Yeah, but do you know the genus and species in latin?

With the summer heat relenting just a bit, Carter's getting more outdoor time, which he loves. He can be in the worst mood but a trip outside is guaranteed to fix just about anything.

Hi! I'm driving my car in my pjs....


... and I like it!

Aunt Kaelie stopped by for a few days to check on Carter's progress from baby to little boy. Here she is giving him driving lessons in the front yard. They grow up so fast!


We had lots of visitors! Carter's friend Riley came over for a few hours on monday and we all got some good playtime in. Riley enjoyed emptying all the toy bins out, but she was very good about putting it all back when she was done.

What up? I'm working on my Godfather impression. What do you think?
Dad, yo, this blog is mad boring. We need to spice it up. How bout a guest star appearance by the E-trade baby? Or a new recipe for peach-flavored milk or a milk flavored peach? At the very least it needs more binky. Let me give this a try:
So here I am sitting on the edge of that high place I can't usually get to in the kitchen. Next to me is the milk lady, who is keeping me from practicing my cliff diving skills. Foiled again. I think I'll eat this red pepper. Blah blah blah. I'm boring myself and I'm just a baby. I can spend an hour staring at a butterfly, so if you're boring me, you'd better check yourself.
All right Dad, you can have another try next week. Impress me.






No comments:

Post a Comment