Sunday, September 26, 2010

Father and Son Trip

Hey, everyone! I know this entry is coming ridiculously late but I've been trying unsuccessfully to upload a super cute video that I took of Carter. Trying for days. I wanted it to be the intro to this post but oh well. Can't figure out why blogger doesn't like it, but it's just not going to work. So you'll have to be content with still pictures this time.

Carter and I took off last weekend for a quick trip up to Virginia to see some of the family who hadn't gotten to see him for months. Here's Uncle Freeman and soon to be Aunt Kate (the wedding is in just over a month!)

Freeman found himself a beautiful woman and he is really in love. It's very nice to see the two of them so happy together.

Grandma and Grandpa Tabony hanging with Carter right after one of his naps. Believe it or not, he is awake here, he's just so relaxed you can't see it at first glance. Grandma really had fun with you this weekend, Carter.

It was also an interesting trip because it was my first time driving alone with Carter for a long distance. The drive takes about 4hrs and 2o minutes, and so each time I left as close as I could to Carter's bedtime, hoping that meant he would sleep the majority of the way. On the way to VA, this backfired a bit. He drank all the warm milk we had, and then I sang to him all the way to the VA border (around 2hrs) By this time, he was starting to get a bit distressed in the backseat. I heard "Uh-oh, uh-oh, uh-oh" over and over again. So I stopped a few times and comforted him, but all he wanted was to get out of the car. After I explained that we really couldn't stop for the night on the side of the highway, we would get moving again and he'd go back to crying. So I started reading to him from memory... his favorite book right now, called "Oliver Finds His Way." In which our hero Oliver the Bear gets lost and roars so his mom and dad will roar back enabling him to fulfill the promise of the title. Carter likes it because of all the roaring. He's very into animal sounds, and whenever I would read him this book he delightedly shouts ROAR! back as soon as I say it.

So he's crying away in the backseat and I say "Roar!" From the backseat: "rarrwrrr." (the saddest little roar you can imagine) It was so cute I could barely finish the story I was smiling so hard. After 4 tellings of this story, he was still awake and the effect was wearing off! So I offered to tell him a different story, and when he grunted yes, I made up a story about a cat and a dog who didn't get along. This one I made up on the spot, and it was about 15 minutes long and possibly the dumbest story ever told. At the end, I crossed my fingers and stopped talking.
Silence. YES!

Here, Cierra takes Carter's hand and helps him down a dirt slope just off our driveway and on the way to the nearest playground. Carter has discovered the slide! Pictures of that on the next blog post, I promise.


Carter also has a new chair! When he sits down in the middle of a room it makes the whole house seem gigantic.

TICKLE FIGHT!!! Wahahahaha!!!! Whoops. Now we have to go change Carter's diaper. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment