Monday, April 18, 2011

Some pics from Florida

This was the view from our balcony while we were at the beach in Florida. I'm not used to getting the oceanview room. And I'm sure we wouldn't have, had we not booked late and gotten sent to the villas because the hotel was full. It was quite nice. Of course, so is a new flatscreen television, which would last longer than 3 nights. But I digress....

Mama! I can't believe you didn't pack a swimsuit for me. How am I going to lounge on the beach in style?

During a break from the conference, we explored a marshside trail. Apparently I am the tastiest member of our family. I was killing mosqsuitoes left and right while they got only a couple of bites.

Arden in mommy's arms as she watches her big bro running and playing....

This was the "bridge slide" in Carterspeak. Don't know why, we haven't gone over any covered bridges lately.

RUN! If you tell Carter you want him to run, he takes a deep breath before going anywhere so he can yell "Runnnnnnnn!" as he pounds off. This yell is puncuated by a little vibration in his voice every time he has a footfall so it's really more like RuNnNnNnNnNn!

Is this an old picture? I think so, but perhaps Cierra got out the St. Paddy's day lei once again. I wouldn't know, I've been so busy the last couple of days getting all of our tomatoes and peppers planted once again. Now everything save the watermelons and basil is in the ground out there. Cierra's been watching them both and doing really well with it, so that I could have the time to get this done.


It's too bad I didn't have the spare time to take many pictures while I was doing it, but this weekend was my first time watching them both while Cierra was in class. It went really well! The first morning I had them both, I took them out to eat for a nice breakfast. Carter tried to eat all my bacon, but other than that, he behaved very nicely. Arden snoozed through the whole thing on my chest in the ringsling. Then we went out to the grocery store and had our first shopping trip together. Arden didn't like riding in the cart, but she seems to hate being in anything with four wheels.


All right, as promised, there are our beach pics. Now I need to lie down....



No comments:

Post a Comment