Thursday, May 19, 2011

Keeping Busy

Aunt Kaelie dropped by for another visit! Well, she was in our fair state for a friends wedding, but it didn't hurt that she got to spend time with her niece and nephew. It has been hot and stormy lately down here, but the last few days just plain hot. Good sprinkler weather, so we got one out, fired it up and tried to get Carter to run around in it.

But it was scary, so Carter spent 20 minutes standing just outside it, getting his toes wet. He slowly warmed up to it, getting carried through, and eventually standing still in the water. Never did grasp the concept of running through himself.












Here's all three of the ladies... all of a sudden Carter and I are outnumbered! Well, this is a good kind of outnumbered.



Cierra looks like she's hoarding the children. Jeez, no need to squeeze 'em that hard. "Myyyy Preciouses" she hissed at me when I tried to loosen her grip.



Well, she is precious.


Him too. You can't see it, but I'm pretty sure he's playing with Mommy's phone. That's his concentrating reallly hard face.

Arden's having a staring contest with that frog photo album on the side table. Here's the weird thing... the frog lost.


Okay so, we had professional photos done around Easter, then waited a couple of weeks to get them back. Cierra posted them here on the 19th and waited for me to write an update. We all got ill except for her and we're just now getting back to 100 percent. So here are the super pretty pictures... thank goodness we waited until I could write that to post them!











We never put anything on Arden's head, so that still looks strange to me.


She got her first haircut this week when Cierra lopped off her tiny rat-tail. The hair on the rest of her head is definitely getting longer, so it looks like she'll have a much shorter bald period than Carter.


I'd promise another, better, post soon, but with the kids and garden both taking up my time, that might prove to be a lie. The first tomatoes are just starting to ripen, and I'm digging up garlic like a madman right now. Last night I had to put two 150 watt work lights out in the garden to finish stripping the bulbs I'd already dug after sundown. So I'll write again when I can. Until then!






























No comments:

Post a Comment