Thursday, March 25, 2010

Carter turns 1 in the Magic Kingdom


I know it's hard to believe, but yes, the cracker stayed in the mouth even after that 2nd picture.





And we're back! Sorry it's been such a long time between posts but we were gone to Disney World for Carter's 1st birthday, and then I was so sick when we got back that I couldn't do anything. It was the first time in my life that I've actually had a fever break overnight like you see in old-time period movies....





Pa: Little Jimmy's head is so hot. And he's sayin' the craziest things...





Doc: His fever has reached what we call the crisis point.





Ma: What should we do?





Doc: (head bent in sorrow) If only he had some boils I could lance. No, no, I'm afraid all we can do is wait for the fever to leave him on it's own...





Yes, I went to bed with a crazy fever and woke up near 2am in the middle of a cold puddle of sweat. So much sweat I had to change my shirt because I was getting clammy. I swear I could have even wrung water out of my pillow.





Anyway, I'm still hacking up a lung every now and then, but I'm well enough to tell you all about our trip to Disney last week and Carter's first birthday. We don't have a whole lot of pictures yet though, they are coming but just not quite here yet. Once they are here, expect another post with more of those.
Here we are at the Animal Kingdom, where Cierra scaled the wall so Carter could have an up-close experience with a gorilla. Just kidding, that's actually one of many Disney characters that Carter got to meet. It's Turk! In case you're like me and your next question is "Who's Turk?", why, it's the adorable sidekick from Tarzan, of course.






Here we are enjoying one of Disney's attractions for kids Carter's age, the Wonderful World of Grass and Bugs. Carter had a great time but he may have eaten Flik.

Carter and Mommy had a meal while they waited for me to come off of Expedition Everest. What a ride that was! It's way ahead of the Rock N' Roller Coaster if you ask me.
Thanks to the Grandparents Bardonner, we had an awesome place to stay in for our trip... the apartment had a high chair and a pack n' play for Carter, along with all the decorations you could think of for both a 1st birthday and St. Patrick's Day. They thought of everything to make Carter's birthday super special!

We were in the Magic Kingdom on the actual day, and one of the things we wanted to do was get Carter's hair cut at the barber shop on Main Street. Alas, the line was really long, we said we would come back and by the time we did they had closed. So Carter had his first haircut at Great Clips back in the real world.
He didn't seem to mind.

This first video is just a blip of Carter playing with his birthday decorations... but now, a video of him playing with a new toy on the day of his birthday. He's already figured out how it works!
Look for another post really soon with better pictures from the Bardonners' camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment