Thursday, September 17, 2009

Half Year Birthday

Hey there! Carter here. Just enjoying a little celebratory foot on my half-birthday. That's right, I'm officially 6 months old. Just 210 more and I can vote! What a week! Dad's back at work 2 days a week so I can finally nurse without listening to him sing "Don't look now, Mama's got her boobs out." Dad, that song stopped being funny before I was even born.

So Mom and I are getting some bonding time now, which is great. Let's see, I've figured out how to sit up in my stroller so I'm not always slumped over to one side or another. I can even lean forward and look out to see what's going on around us. That's pretty cool.


Check out this cool car Grandpa Tabony brought me. Wow, a new car for my birthday! Wait, what? You made it for dad when he was my age? Aw, Jeez. It's a used junker...Hey, it doesn't even run! Guess I'll just have to take these wheels off and set it up on wooden blocks.








Mom and Dad took me on a family outing on Monday to the National Whitewater Center here in Charlotte. Unfortunately, the pumps were all turned off so I napped in my car seat while they snapped pictures. Look, Dad thought he was auditioning for a Gap ad. Later, I woke up and we went for a walk around the pond.

Since I'm getting to be so mature, apparently I have to start eating stuff that isn't milk. Mom stuck her finger in my mouth with something called "banana" this week. Boo. Dad captured the sequence on the camera....
Baby happy..... Baby eats banana...... Baby not happy. What's the big deal about this eating thing again? Think I'll just stick with milk.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 6 months already! It flies so quickly. He's absolutely adorable you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear that my lovely husband canNOT write one of these things without mentioning boobs! I don't know which one of my boys is more obsessed:-)

    ReplyDelete