Thursday, September 3, 2009

We're all Smiles

Carter continues to help us strengthen our smiling muscles as he learns to use his smiles, laughs, and personality more and more. He just melted my heart when I came home from work tonight to find him fussing a little for Hunter on the changing table. As soon as I walked in and said 'hi' he started smiling and giggling instead. What a lucky gal I am to have two sweet and smiling guys in the house!



This week, Carter has been very interested in watching us eat. Hunter had been finding that Carter was happy while he was cooking, but when he sat Carter down in the other room to play while Hunter ate, Carter got upset. I noticed that he was watching my every move as I was eating oatmeal one morning, so that night, instead of putting him down, I sat him next to us in his stroller so he could watch us eat - there's been no more fussing at dinner since then!










The hands continue to constantly be in and around his mouth. He is getting pretty good at sucking on the thumb, but it is sometimes still two fingers (or four, or five!).
Can you see that his eyes are changing color away from their baby blue in this picture? They are close to green currently, but I still think we will eventually get to brown.
The rolling over is almost perpetual now. This is beginning to make diaper changing, dressing, and our nightly massage a challenge. He did an entire 360 yesterday. He has even started getting up on his knees for milliseconds at a time. All of this hint at mobility has had me starting to plan babyproofing for the house - yikes, that is going to be a big job!
I wish I was as flexible as little Carter man. He doesn't even have Aunt Kaelie around to emulate, but he's still constantly doing the splits in the air (that is when you can get him to stay on his back!)
He ran all around town with me this week making friends - touring one of the maternity wards uptown, selling Hunter's produce at the farmer's market, even coming to a tap class with me. The grinning that he creates is contagious - you just can't help yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment