Friday, January 1, 2010

A Very Carter Christmas!

So it's been awhile since we posted any Carter news, but we've been busy seeing family and having fun over the holidays. Actual Christmas was spent at home with just our little family, but the week before we made our usual trip up to Indiana to visit the folks...

Cierra laughed at me for my awkward baby hold in this picture, but what she didn't know is that Carter wanted to show off his baby abs.


Carter looking dapper as usual. Is he looking up at mommy, or a ceiling fan? We'll never know.



Mmm. I think I'll sneak a little eggnog binky while no one's watching.




If I can turn this on, does this mean I can get milk at the drive thru?

Hey mom, look. Uncle Krin brought me flowers!

Put me down, dad! I see some trouble worth getting into.
Guess what? Reindeer butt!
I love this outfit because as Carter crawls, the little Reindeer looks like he's walking.
So yes, Carter crawls now, and he's going non-stop. We're still a lot faster than him, but he never lets up, so our distraction with other tasks around the house make watching him a very tortoise vs hare experience... we take a rest and he keeps trucking, sometimes beating us to the finish line... which is usually Pogo's water bowl.
Carter also loves springy doorstops. Boiiiing!
Finally some video: First up, Carter listens to Uncle Krin on guitar. He is a very attentive audience!
Baby jumping jacks! BOIIING! Whee....
And, I know this video doesn't prove it, but Carter is climbing small sets of stairs now, no problem. But we don't have good video of it because I always have two hands right around him, ready if he decides to topple over and try to crack his head on the tile.
In other news, he also stood up while learning to climb the stairs a few days ago. But that was an accident, and he only stood for 5 or 6 seconds. His expression during his swaying stance said everything to me.... "Oh, man! How did I do that? And how do I get down? I'm gonna fall, aren't I, and it's gonna hurt. Wahhhhh!"
Happy New Year to all.... we'll try to get back to our usual schedule starting next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment